Friday, February 14, 2014

KUALA TERENGGANU

Safely landed Kuala Terengganu and checked-in at TH Hotel and Conventional Centre, Gong Badak, without anymore delay at KLIA, Alhamdulillah. I even have the time to enjoy ICT (ikan celup tepung) at the ICT Haji Pak Long (Seafood) at Telaga Batin, not far from the hotel. ISDEV PhD students who are teaching at Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UniSZA) brought me there, after fetching me from the airport and checking-in at the hotel.

Interestingly, when arriving at the hotel, I was told that this is the hotel where swearing by al-Qur'an in front of the Chief Minister of Terengganu was held few days ago. It was done to prove that Terengganu football team, the T-Team, was innocent in a clashing incident with Johor football team during their football match not long ago. I am amazed at the Malays who could do so just for the sake of football!

There is also another interesting thing here. In front of the TH Hotel is the stadium known for its controversial fallen roof. It is now opened, so I was told, but naked, without the roof anymore! Audiences of any games held here are risked with sun and rain.

No comments: