Monday, September 12, 2011

WEEKEND ACTIVITIES

Last weekend (10-11 September 2011), after coming home from Jakarta, was not a restful weekend. There were preparations for my eldest daughter A`firah to go back to her university in Nilai (which includes a last nasi kandar breakfast at Bayan Lepas and a shopping spree for her necessities at Tesco), four khenduris (which I managed to go to only two, as the other two were respectively forgotten and purposely missed out due to limited time), reading chapters of my PhD students theses (as I need to return to them my comments sometimes this week), writing a basic report on the redefinition of two zakat recipients (asnaf): absolute/hardcore poor (fakir) and the poor (miskin) for Selangor Zakat Board (LZS), reading and commenting on a working paper of one of my Phd students who is going to present it at a National Seminar soon, finalising outlines for The Principles of Islamic-based Development and Islamic Research Methodology (the two courses I would be teaching this semester), and a drive to Lembah Kelang to accompany A'firah by her car.

The tiring weekend activities however were compensated by invaluable meetings with my elder brother and elder sister who I did not meet during Hari Raya. While accompanying A`firah, I visited my elder brother who is recovering from his health at his residence in Gombak, and had a dinner with my elder sister, together with her daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren in Bandar Baru Nilai while they were sending one of the grandchildren to Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia. The meetings completed my Hari Raya cycle in honouring my three elder siblings. I have visited my other elder sister in Ipoh during the second day of the Hari Raya.

My family members at the khenduri
With my elder sister (3rd right) and family at the dinner at Restoran Ayam Penyet, Bandar Baru Nilai

No comments: