Tuesday, September 03, 2013

MAS OH MAS

This is not the first time. It happened to almost all my flights recently, at least the last three.

Not long before this, my flight from Penang to Kuala Lumpur was delayed for about 2 hours. I have to run for my connecting flight to Brunei from the domestic building of the KLIA to the satellite building with the help of the airport staff. I only managed to arrive at the plane just few minutes before the door closed. I was lucky because the flight to Brunei was waiting for some Malaysian royalties to arrive. I was not told why the Penang-Kuala Lumpur flight was delayed, except receiving a sms from MAS few hours before the scheduled time.

Last Sunday, my Penang flight to Kuala Lumpur was delayed again for an hour. The reason given for the delay was the adverse weather at KLIA. The flight could not land there.

And now, at this very moment, my Kuala Lumpur flight to Penang, which is supposed to be at 1820, till now is delayed for unknown hours. We have actually boarded a flight at Gate A2 earlier an hour later than the scheduled time, but after about an hour waiting in the flight, we were told to board another flight at Gate B11. Now we are packed at the waiting room of B11, waiting to board for the new flight at untold time. We are still waiting patiently.

The reason for the delay tonight, we were told, is because of the late arrival of the flight from other earlier sectors and later on because of the plane's technical fault that cannot be rectified by MAS engineers in a short time.

I saw on the departure screen just now that mine is not the only flight delayed tonight. There were a lot others. Our USM Deputy Vice-Chancellor who I met at the lounge also experienced the same. He missed his meeting at PWTC today as his afternoon flight from Penang was delayed till evening.

Oh MAS the "golden" national airline, why all these delays are happening? Can't we trust you anymore to reach at our destination of appointment on time?

No comments: