Monday, July 19, 2010

I AM BACK IN USM

Welcoming back cake

Alhamdulillah, I am back at USM after being away in Saudi Arabia and United Kingdom for a total of about four and a half months.

Very nice to be waited unexpectedly by few ISDEV members at Penang International Airport on my arrival at about 8.30 pm on Saturday 17 July 2010. In spite of my request not to welcome me home at the airport, there were Dr Fadzila Azni Ahmad (perhaps representing ISDEV lecturers), Dr Miftah Abdul Rohim (perhaps representing ISDEV Post-Doctoral Fellows), Sis Azrin Ibrahim (perhaps representing ISDEV ASTS Fellows), Ustaz Mohd Shukri Hanapi (perhaps representing ISDEV Research Graduates), and Sis Hidayah (perhaps representing Mixed-Mode Graduates). They were there with big smiles, with one of them, I realised, also in tears.

More surprisingly, there was also a `Welcoming Home' cake waiting for me. How nice!

With Dr Miftah and Ustaz Shukri
 
My daughter and wife (left) and Azrin and Hidayah (right)

No comments: