Saturday, October 28, 2006

STARTING BLOGGING

This blog is a result of a conversation with my Petronas-lawyer nephew (left) during Hari Raya visit to my sister's house in Ipoh on Thursday, October 26. He told me how advance and trendy the web-blogging is now and how more and more people are turning to web-blogging rather than the web-paging.


A search on blogging after coming back home that night entailed with the construction of this blog, after finding out how easy constructing a simple blog like this (sort of DIY style), though definitely not as sophisticated and as independent as those of professional bloggers. Most importantly, I could manage the blog on my own, as opposed to my webpage (http://www.geocities.com/muhammadsyukri) which has to be helped by one of my graduate student, a result of which it has not been updated for about three years; not because she is not helpful, but because of my pre-conceived perception of its difficulty to learn and thus not learning at all, as well as not to interfere with her busy schedules of research and thesis writing.


But several things are lingering in my mind now. Firstly, what should I write - academic stuff written as an academician or santai sort of stuff written as a santai sort of person? Secondly, will there be anybody interested in what I write for I am neither really good at English nor analytical enough to convey great great ideas? Thirdly, do I have much time to think and write as there are always lists of deadlines all along my daily routines?


I am pondering on these.......

No comments: